|Christmas Twig Decor|
1. Wire twigs into a garland to wind between candles on a mantel or table. Even easier, just arrange them in a winding pattern. Add a string of twinkle lights and light the candles. Magic!
|Christmas Card Holder|
4. You can glue small sticks together to make a heart or a star ornament.
5. Small sticks can be used as vase filler, apothecary jar filler, etc. Painted twigs in one color or layered colors can work.
|Starburst Twig Wreath|
8. Add twigs in bright colors or metallic colors to any arrangement or wreath for a fun accent.
9. You can make some pretty cool wreaths with twigs, even square ones that look like windows.
|Ornament Twig Nest|
This takes tacky glue and German glass crystals, but the branches really do sparkle and look icy. Click here for the simple directions at Make Them Wonder. I think I'd like these branches with fewer crystals than shown, but probably when you're making these you'll see what effect looks best. You can also use this technique to make pine cones and ornaments sparkle. For snowy looks, substitute epsom salts for the glass crystals.
I hope this has inspired you to look at twigs a little differently when you are out walking! Have fun!