2. There are times when I don't feel like cooking. I have been known to eat an Angus burger at McDonald's.
3. I like to decorate my home, but I don't like to clean it. Moving things around motivates me to clean.
4. I have had one manicure and one pedicure (a gift) in my life--not on the same day.
5. I am a cancer survivor, and, yes, it gives you a new appreciation of life. Life is an adventure!
6. I was an elementary school teacher for 7 years before I got married. I still dream of teaching--in a good way.
7. I was a mostly stay-at-home mom of 4 children. We have a daughter who learned a lot about boys growing up with 3 brothers. She learned to stand up for herself, a skill that has been helpful to her in life.
8. I was a substitute teacher for 7 years when our youngest child started first grade. I subbed about 2-3 days a week, and it was a tough job.
9. I was a 10-year member of a committee of parents who brought enrichment classes to a local school district, serving as chairman one of those years.
10. My dad was a Master Gardener for roses, and grew all the vegetables we ate in the summer and fall. We ate well, though cheaply.
11. My mom made almost all of my clothes while I was growing up. She has made over 500 quilt tops for her local church.
12. My husband is a retired engineer and our 4 kids are all engineers.
13. I am a boomer, but I was never a druggie. I love classic rock and blues. I like new singers and musicians too--see my profile to see who.
14, I like beer, especially Blue Moon and Heineken.
15. I love movies. See my profile for a list of some of my favorites.
16. My mom is 91 and my mother-in-law is 97. Our daughter may live to 105!
17. We have 2 of the most wonderful grandsons in the world. Always something new with them.
18. We've hiked many of the US national parks. It's an unforgettable experience. We have slept in a tent, but also in our van.
19. I love my family and they are the joy of my life. We built our lives around them and the pay-off has been tremendous.
20. We have a Sprinter van and a VW Golf for travel around the US, visiting our kids and more. If you see a white Sprinter with no business logo on it and windows all around, it could be us. Give us a wave!
Let me know if you'd like me to write more about any of these & I'll try to put it in a post. Thanks!
All the best,